Thursday, January 7, 2010

Let the Games Begin

So, I know I said I'd post my To Do List For 2010 by January 1, but complications arose and I am just now getting around to it. Don't hate.

So, I have here a list of 52 tasks to complete by December 31, 2010. For those of you who failed math, that's one task to be completed each week. Some will be difficult. Some will be dangerous. The whole year will most likely be hilarious and disaster-stricken. Don't believe me? You must not know me.

Before I list the tasks, I must write out the rules. There are 52 tasks, meaning one task is to be completed each week. If, however, extenuating circumstances occur (such as grad school devours my life or I get bitten by a chipmunk... oh, wait. been there, done that), then I can double up tasks. Other than that, each task must be completed in it's own week. I do not have to complete the list in order. I must write about my experiences in my efforts to complete each task.

1. Go on a picnic.
2. Eat a rutabaga.
3. Sing at a karaoke bar.
4. Take a morning yoga class that meets before 10 AM for a month.
5. Read an entire book without skipping any pages in one week. (Must be over 150 pages).
6. Meet a celebrity.
7. Go horseback riding (when cleared by doctor).
8. Memorize 99 Luftballoons (in German).
9. Introduce myself to a random stranger.
10. Go 1 month without eating any fast food.
11. Audition for something.
12. Create a work of art.
13. Smile at a stranger.
14. Memorize how to say "hello" in ten languages (not including English, Spanish, French, or Pig-Latin).
15. Watch The Wizard of Oz to the Pink Floyd's" Dark Side of the Moon" album.
16. Teach someone how to do something.
17. Learn how to play a new game.
18. Go on a road trip.
19. Do something completely spontaneous that no one would ever expect me to do.
20. Secretly make someone's day brighter.
21. Go on a good date.
22. Eat an entire grape tomato.
23. Memorize the entire Animaniacs Country Song.
24. Write a letter to a person in the military.
25. Go two weeks without buying anything other than necessities.
26. Have a jam session.
27. Learn how to play chords on the piano.
28. Visit someone in a nursing home.
29. Show someone appreciation by more than just saying "thank you."
30. Make a loaf of Challah bread.
31. Volunteer.
32. Win.
33. Lose.
34. Tie.
35. Tell someone the truth even though it is very difficult.
36. Babysit.
37. Master the Moonlight Sonata. All of it. Up to speed.
38. Perform (not including karaoke).
39. Make myself look stupid on purpose.
40. Go somewhere secluded and yell at the top of my lungs.
41. Learn how to belly dance
42. Go to a rock concert.
43. Learn how to whistle.
44. Go to a lecture on something other than psychology, dance, or the arts and stay awake for the whole thing.
45. Go to bed before 10pm four nights in a row.
46. Ride in a grocery cart.
47. Learn how to play backgammon.
48. Eat escargot.
49. Eat a piece of sushi previously thought of as revolting.
50. Learn how to yodel.
51. Beat a video game.
52. Touch all the bordering (ocean-based) bodies of water in America within 6 months of each other.

There they are. The 52 things that just might kill me. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, right? Right?

2 comments:

  1. I have the distinct impression that the road trip and touching one of the bodies of water will be intertwined. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd better believe it. And those were both your ideas. (Just giving credit where credit is due.) The sushi one too. Which I'm dreading. I might make you try it with me, even though you hate fish.

    ReplyDelete