Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Simba..."

I started the day feeling like I swallowed a pound of nails and sounding a bit hoarse. By lunchtime, I sounded like a 20-something year old guy. By classtime at 5:30, I sounded like a mixture of Marlene Dietrich and Lilly Von Schtupp from the Mel Brooks classic "Blazing Saddles." It is after midnight and I have now progressed to James Earl Jones status. I'm thinking of calling up the folks at Disney and offering to provide the voice overs for "The Lion King III: Mufasa's Revenge."

It could be worse. I could sound like Fran Drescher. (Fran, I'm a big fan, but that has got to hurt your vocal chords.)

In other news, I thought my procrastinating skills couldn't get any better. But, ladies and gentlemen, they have. I have a paper due tomorrow that I have actually written the majority of, but I have absolutely no motivation to complete it. I have work most of the day tomorrow. I must finish it either now or early in the morning. I am a firm believer in sleeping in, so this will not do.

I watached a very interesting movie today/tonight. I had to watch it in 9 minute-ish segments and had a 4 1/2 hour class between 2 segments, but as a whole, it was a very clever movie. "Charlie Bartlett." Watch it if you a) are not a child b) can handle racy issues/nudity c) are a psychology major or grad student or pshologist/psychiatrist/counselor/other mental health professional and/or d) just want to watch an entertaining and poignant film.

Ok, I must try to focus on this paper. Oh grad school, why must you control so much of my precious time?

2 comments:

  1. There's an episode of Family Guy where Peter puts Fran Drescher's head in a microwave to kill her. It's really funny.

    I like the new blog layout by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I saw this comment. Weird... I want to see that episode. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete