Monday, January 25, 2010

I like to talk to plants.

Icelandic greeting: done (I can't spell it, but I can say it- gothan dahg!)
Bengali greeting: done (Namaskar!)

Two down. Eight to go.

I'm going to try to put up a video blog entry where I (clumsiliy) say all 10 greetings. It may or may not work. We'll see.

In other news:
*Did you know there are now Almond Joy Pieces (like Reese's pieces, but more tropical)? The clerk at Wal*Mart and I were dancing for joy over the find. Really, we were dancing. The people around us just kind of stared. Obviously they don't appreciate Almond Joys the way we do.

*This weekend was spent with about 40 relatives, 20 of whom I'd never seen before in my life. We bonded over homemade pickles, catfish, and mullets.

*My generous grandmother gave me a pot with three cactii in it today. I named them, because I intend on talking to them. Filbert, Gertrude, and Hoopla (who was originally named Hooray) are their names. I can tell them apart and hope I don't kill them. I have a thumb of death. What makes things worse is that I thanked my grandmother for them. "Don't!" she scolded. Saying thank you for plants is apparently bad luck. But cactii seem pretty hardy, so maybe they'll last a week or two with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment