Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Works in Progress

"Leggy Blonde" by Flight of the Concords is currently playing on my iTunes. Thank you, Creaves, for my new theme song. "Leggy leggy leggy leggy leggy leggy leggy leggy..." So funny.

Anyway, I have begun the process of completing some more time-consuming, planning-necessary, I'm-probably-going-to-pull-my-hair-out tasks. For instance, last week, I began working on learning Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" (Task #37). I have my work cut out for me. I have recently acquired Trans-Siberian Orchestra's newest cd "Night Castle" while I saw them in concert (Go! They have a Spring tour this year.). They feature the lesser known part of Moonlight on the cd and title it "moonlight and Madness." After listening to the INSANE piano solo at the beginning of the song, I am more than slightly intimidated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQC5M7WgTX4

I am now also in possession of a recipe for Challah/Hallah bread thanks to a former roommate (Task #30).

Plans to begin memorizing 99 Luftballons are in the works.

In other news, I tried kumquat cake today.

6 comments:

  1. Did you know that the song at the beginning of "The Lion's Roar" is an Irish song called "The Minstrel Boy'? We're singing it on our Irish concert. I'm so excited that this music is turning up everywhere.

    But it's SUUUCH a sad song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Wow, pretty soon, you're going to start speaking with an Irish accent and eating lamp stew frequently.
    P.S. i'm listening to that cd as I type this. I'm guessing yours came in the mail. Splendid, is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the last line. I didn't see it on the "moderate comment" screen. Weird. It sounds bizarre, but I just love sad songs. When's the concert, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sad songs too. I have concluded that this means I must have some Irish heritage back in there somewhere. Concert is March 13. :-)

    And yes, the CD arrived in all its glory!! I've become quite attached to several numbers already...loving Mozart and Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. March 13- might be the beginning of Spring Break... I'll let you know! I could use some heartbreaking Irish songs in my life.
    As for the Irish heritage, it's possible...

    That is my favorite song! It would be a BEAUTIFUL dance piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love The Minstrel Boy... good song :)

    Kumquat cake? Really? And as a result of your facebook status about yodeling I spent the entire afternoon on YouTube listening to yodelers. Thanks a lot! ;-P

    ReplyDelete