Wednesday, January 13, 2010

You win some. You lose some.

So, I haven't read any since my last post. Why? you ask. A mix of procrastination, having to much to do, and grad school. However, I will modify this task (although I will also attempt to complete it again, later on). I am going to read more than 150 pages in a week. For some of you, that's no problem, but for me, it's a big accomplishment. I tend to skip pages, chapters... I'm not sure if I have read a whole book in years. I love to read, but it's just a fact of life for me. Weird, I know. So, I have about 50 pages to read before 11:59:59PM tomorrow.

So, I will count the 150 pages as my task (kind of), but will also make myself finish this book. It's my compromise. In my life, I've life that occassionaly compromising is necessary. I am going to also attempt to complete this task again with a different (and most likely shorter book). I'm kind of ashamed that I failed my very first task. But that's how we all learn right? Through failure. So, I will not let it adversely affect me, and will instead move forward. I also now am behind another task (plus the one I misssed from the first week of January), so I will complete two tasks next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment