Monday, February 8, 2010

Wanted: Tall, dark, and handsome, complete with a double cheeseburger and an Irish accent

So, I originally planned on being my usual cynical, hermit-esque self on Valentine's Day, but then I figured, "Hey, your goal this year is to change things up, get out of the ol' comfort zone. Get off your lazy butt and be proactive." So, I've decided to take applications for my Valentine for 2010. Questions cover everything from basic demographics to movies to pick up lines. So far, there have been two Valentine hopefuls: one has told me my eyes are pond-colored (I've yet to decide if that's a good thing or not) and one has decided my pet name should be Muffaletta. So... TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO APPLY!

Anyway, moving on to something a bit more serious... I am craving a double cheeseburger from McDonald's. I can almost taste those little onion bits and the slice of fake cheese half-melted over what may or may not be hamburger meat. Twenty more days. Actually, in about 5 minutes, it'll be 19 more days. Task 10 might be more difficult than originally anticipated.

Okay, so I'm not a romantic person by nature at all. Ask anybody who knows me really well. I hate food dates, I hate awkward situations, and I am not the kind of girl who is easily swayed by a Fabio look-alike with a box of chocolates in one hand and a dozen roses in another. However, I been searching iTunes today for some new music to get me through the next semester and stumbled across one of the most beautiful and yes, romantic songs I've ever heard. It's called "I'm Yours" by The Script. So, in the spirit of this week o' love or at least materialistic overindulgence of chocolate and red and pink confetti, go to iTunes, youtube, whatever and listen to it. Let me know your thoughts. Have I become hopelessly romantic and sappy in my old age?
"I'm Yours" by The Script (P.S. I'm pretty sure they're Irish. Yay.)

1 comment:

  1. Cute song. I like it.

    Beware the double cheeseburger. It is thine sworn enemy, and it is a wily one.

    ReplyDelete