Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I honestly have no idea what to title this post.

I have been realizing that my list this year is full of long-term tasks. Most of these have to be planned and executed over long periods of time. No instant gratification this year. Consequently, I have had to buckle down and get a rough idea of my time line. I have already thought of what I want to invent (#20) thanks to a rainy day yesterday. But more on that later. I don't want any of you stealing my idea and making a fortune on it. :)

Life has seemed like an episode of “The Twilight Zone” lately. A few days ago, I was approached by a modeling company. (I'm still trying to figure that one out...)

Modeling Rep: “Have you ever considered modeling? You are very tall.”
Me: “Actually, I’m really not. I’m not even 5’9”.”
Rep: “Well, you look like you are.”
Me: “But I’m not.”

If I were a model, I would more than likely get fired for being a smart aleck.

I have also sold half a dozen sheep’s brains now, but I don’t think that can count for any of this year’s tasks...

Task 48 is already a flop. But I have been taking more pictures than usual. I think maybe I’ll exchange that task for something else. Any ideas?

In other news, the house across the street from where I live caught on fire this morning. Nobody lived there, as it had been donated to the historical society to be renovated. Years and years of work and care had been put into that house. It was the oldest house in town, built in the 1840's, I think. I feel a bit like I have witnessed a death. There is something sadly poetic about watching a grandious Victorian house, full of almost 200 years of history, transform into a delapidated heap of smoke and ash within a matter of hours. It is all so exisitential and so very sad.

1 comment:

  1. You know, they're doing a casting call for American's Next Top Model in Huntsville...just saying.

    ReplyDelete