Friday, January 28, 2011

No wonder people tell me I'm weird...

Last week, I took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) as part of my internship. It turns out that I have a personality type that is only found in 1% of people. This explains so much. Additionally, I am supposedly the same personality type as Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, Meryl Streep, and the Olsen twins. Part of the explanation of my type says that those with this personality persuasion are "often nontraditional" and may be misunderstood, because our thinking patterns are very different. We thrive on creativity, originality, and logic (Somewhat contradictory, but I guess that is why we are so difficult to understand). As I was reading the summary, it seemed very accurate. It also seemed to made sense with regards to my drive to complete an annual to do list. Variety, new experiences, and learning new things that others see as pointless are all parts of who I am as well and, in turn, why I choose to attempt to complete these lists.

Isn't psychology fun?
Have you taken the MBTI? Did the results seem to be accurate?

4 comments:

  1. Nick and I did them as a part of our premarital counseling. Of course the one thing we severely differed on was our perception of the world. Let me tell ya, most of our fights come from this! What were your letters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright kiddo.... do you remember your type letters? I've had to take it two or three times and it always comes out the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am INFJ, which is also pretty rare, to my understanding. But yes, it's very much who I am.

    ReplyDelete