Friday, August 20, 2010

Celebrity Status

I very unexpectedly met a celebrity tonight (Task #6)!!!!!! We had just finished our second to last show of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and had gone out to the front of the theatre to shake the audience's hands, when someone so kindly pointed out to me that I had an opportunity to meet a celebrity and thus complete a task. The one and only Sonny Shroyer was standing less than 15 feet away from me, talking to the guy who played Joseph. He played Enos in the Dukes of Hazzard television show.

One of the stage crew/moms of one of the kids in the show saw me creep toward him and offered to introduce me to him and take our picture. I was like a 13 year old girl who just saw Justin Beiber or something, only minus the crying and screaming. He was very nice and personable and commented on how much he enjoyed the show (and choreography!!).

So, there we are, me and Sonny, chillin'. Yeah...

Also, I have now completed Task 20 (Secretly make someone's day brighter) and Task 36 (Babysit). I actually "babysat" back in June or July, but had forgotten about it because it was not in the traditional sense. My cousins came to visit and I took them off my aunt and uncle's hands for a while by taking them grocery shopping with me, which totally constitutes babysitting in my book when you're trying to push a grocery cart and keep an eye on three girls.
22 down. 30 to go????
How has your summer been?

No comments:

Post a Comment