Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Alright, I Finally Have a Goal for this Blog... and It Ain't Gonna Be a Walk in the Park

So, I have been trying to think of ways to direct my blog in a more productive fashion, instead of simply rambling about funny stories that happen to me. I came up with an idea a few months ago to modify the to-do list I have for my life into a group of goals I can achieve in a year.I've been toying around with this idea for a while, but I must admit I have been afraid to actually commit to it. For those of you who know me well, this will probably not surprise you in the least. I am a commitment-phobe. I can't even commit to a favorite color.

I have not completed my modified/new list for this blog. My goal is to complete it in a week's time. That means by next Tuesday evening, I should have it posted on here. A couple of goals I'm thinking about pursuing range from simple to a bit more complex to a "how-on-Earth-am-I-going-to-pull-that-off?" kind of difficulty. Some of the goals on my original list are basically impossible given the time frame, my physical condition (recovering from surgery), my current location, and my financial resources. So, as I stated above, the list will be greatly modified. Actually, to be completely honest, I made the list in high school and am not entirely sure where it is. High school was years ago (wow, I'm getting old), so maybe I should just make an entirely new list, and just keep the goals fromt hat list that I remember and that really stood out to me in my memory. For instance, I remember one of the goals was "Eat a rhutabaga." I still have not eaten a rutabga. I need to find out how to spell rootabaga.

Anyway... I am open to any suggestions for goals, although I must supply a disclaimer: I may or may not use the idea. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. One of them should be to take a road trip with an old high school buddy. Hintity hint hint.

    ReplyDelete