Thursday, November 5, 2009

By Request...

This post is going to be vague. Get over it.

Have you ever had a song become real life? What I am asking is, have the lyrics of a song ever actually occured in your own life, incorporating you into their meaning and/or plot?

I have. Actually, it's happening at present. Well, not this exact minute. it's an ongoing process. (See what I mean about this being vague?)

It's as if, over the last few months, the plot of this song has been being acted out in my life, stanza by stanza. At first, it seemed to be circumstantial and just similar enough for me to think "Oh, well, this kind of reminds me of that song..." Then, it became a little closer to the actual plot, which made me wonder "Wow, this is kind of weird, but definitely cool." And then, this week, an event happened that matched the song exactly. I mean, E-X-A-C-T-L-Y. And, yes, I am a little weirded out. Actually, very weirded out. But at the same time, it is AWESOME!

The song's plot has not been fully realized in my own life yet, but I am waiting patiently for the next stanza. And yes, dear readers, I will keep you updated. Vaguely, but still updated.

1 comment:

  1. Which part? Getting your nerve up or being invited to see his band play? :-)

    ReplyDelete