Friday, January 29, 2010

Task #24- Write a Letter to Someone in the Military

So, near the end of each month, I'm going to review my progess. This month took me a while to get started, but I have now successfully completed three tasks: 9, 14, and 24.

Task #24: Write a letter to a person in the military.

Yesterday, I did some research on different organizations that send letters to troops. My friend/classmate gave me the names of two great organizations that I had actually seen in my own research. She said both of these organizations were really great ways to support and thank our soldiers! Adopt a Soldier and Cup of Joe for a Joe.

I decided upon Cup of Joe for a Joe for now and bought a soldier a cup of coffee and sent a message. Not a letter technically, but same general concept. It was easy and yet will brighten up a soldier's day and let him or her know that he/she is appreciated. Also, when you donate/write the message, you have the option of sending your email address to the soldier(s) you sent the coffee to, and they have the opportunity to respond to you, which is so cool!

I plan on looking more into the Adopt a Soldier Program as well. It is time I got off my lazy, ungrateful butt and started telling these people how thankful I am and our country is for their courage, sacrifice, and commitment to our country. I hope you will join me in this!

2 comments:

  1. I like this whole cup of joe thing. That's quite nice, and a bit more like something I'd actually do for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it, too. Most everyone loves a cup of coffee right?

    ReplyDelete