Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Top 10 List of the Best Songs for Valentine's Day, Vol. 1-3

*Disclaimer: These are the top 10 songs that have come to mind. These lists are definitely not exhaustive and not necessarily in much of an order.*

Volume 1: Songs for the Romantically Involved
10. "All I Ask of You" from The Phantom of the Opera
9. "Your Song" by Sir Elton John
8. "Passenger Seat" by Death Cab for Cutie
7. "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
6. "Syrup and Honey" by Duffy
5. "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds
4. "Everblue" by Mandy Moore
3. "I'm Yours" by The Script
2. "Mi Morena" by Josh Groban/"When You Say You Love Me" by Josh Groban (It's a tie)
1. "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain

Volume 2: Songs for the Hopeless Romantic
10. "In His Eyes" from Jekyll and Hyde
9. "Somewhere" from West Side Story
8. "The Guy Who Says Goodbye to You is Out of His Mind" by Griffin House
7. "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg
6. "Keep on Loving You" by REO Speedwagon
5. "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles
4. "Soulmate" by Natasha Beddingfield
3. "I Want You to Want Me" by Cheap Trick
2. "I Just Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Buble
1. "So She Dances" by Josh Groban

Just for Fun: Taylor the Latte Boy

Volume 3: Songs for the "No, I Do Not Want to Be Your Valentine"/"I Don't Need Your Pity-Because-I'm-Single"/"I Will Kick You If You Say You Know Someone Perfect For Me" types
10. "I Hate Myself for Loving You" by Joan Jett
9. "Kerosene" by Miranda Lambert
8. "Said and Done" by Meiko
7. "Bust Your Windows" by Jazmine Sullivan/redone by the cast of Glee
6. "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar
5. "Broken Vow" by Josh Groban
4. "I'm Gonna Find Another You" by John Mayer
3. "Beautiful Disaster" by Jon McLaughlin
2. "My Confession" by Josh Groban
1. "On My Own" from Les Miserables

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, here are mine. Disclaimer, it's this year's picks, so they are thus subject to change. One per category, respectively:

    -"Love Song for a Vampire" by Annie Lennox
    -"Being Alive" from Company (preferably performed by Raul Esparza)
    -"No Children" by The Mountain Goats

    ReplyDelete