Saturday, February 13, 2010

Of spark-producing tap shoes, my long-time crush on Shaun White, and sappy Hallmark movies

I have decided that I did indeed complete Task 19 and will therefore consider it completed, per urging of my friend Creaves. So, what is that? 5 down, 47 to go? Or something like that.

The Olympics opened yesterday. I have been loving it! A skater from Korea won gold and Apollo Ohno and J.R. Celski won silver and bronze. Congrats to all of them! Ohno now has won 6 Olympic medals in his Olympic career. Amazing.

I cannot contain my excitement to see Shaun White (a longtime secret crush of mine... I'm talking years and years) present his double cork trick (or whatever it's technically called) and maybe some other tricks he's got hidden up his sleeve during his events!!!! Did you know that Red Bull sponsored a secret half-pipe with a foam pit hidden in Colorado for him to develop his tricks? Is that cool or what????

Did y'all see the opening ceremonies last night? Beautiful! The tap dancing and the flying scenes were probably my favorites. But the First Nations' dancers who danced for at least 45 minutes straight were awesome as well. That takes some athleticism and STAMINA. I really, really want some fiery tap shoes. Those are definitely going on my Christmas wishlist.

Valentine's Day is officially in 23 minutes. I've gotten around to my prediction early, as I am already watching a Hallmark movie (and have watched snippets of others earlier), and have been working on catching up on work.

So... what's your favorite Valentine's day-related song? Anti-Valentine's day song?

No comments:

Post a Comment