Saturday, February 27, 2010

This is the day that the Lord has made.

Quotation of the Day:
A professor's way of explaining what the difference is between nonbizarre and bizarre delusions: "'My wife's cheating on me.' Nonbizarre delusion. 'My wife's cheating on me with an alien.' Bizarre delusion. 'My wife's cheating on me with Tiger Woods?' Could go either way…"

As much as I feel grad school might be the end of my sanity, it is definitely entertaining.

Question of the day:
Why are we drawn to things we despise, disagree with, or are generally repulsed by?

For example, I loathe movies that feed women the idea that they will not be happy without a husband and that their main goal in life should be to get married and have babies and bake bread. Call me a feminist. Whatever. And yet, I spent the greater part of today watching the Love Saga on the Hallmark channel. Granted, the whole time I was yelling at the TV, saying things such as, "This is CRAP!" and "What? Just say no! You've only known him a week and a half! What if he is really a fugitive from the law? Or a polygamist? Or hates music????" I don't understand my choices of entertainment sometimes.

Puzzle of the day:
Who is the actor who plays Willoughby from the BBC version of "Sense and Sensibility"? I'm almost 100% positive I've seen him in something else, but I just can't put my finger on what else he's acted in. Any ideas?

Happy thought of the day:
The weather has been remarkable over the past few days. All are in happier spirits and my hip is enjoying the lack of rain and joint-unfriendly changes in barometric pressure. Church is tomorrow, then a concert by the Navy Sea Chanters.

What are some things that have made you happy this week?

2 comments:

  1. It was Dominic Cooper, of Mamma Mia and The Duchess.

    I know, I feel the same way about rom-coms and chick flicks. But I love them.

    ...Navy Sea Chanters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Willoughby's actor's name is Dominic Cooper.

    Things that made me happy this week... I passed my recital hearing! The sun came out and we've had two days that were too warm to need my heavy coat. And my amaryllis is blooming :)

    ReplyDelete