Monday, March 22, 2010

The Cutest Food I've Ever Eaten

Spring Break proved to be a productive one, even though I was determined to do nothing but stare at the wall. I caught up on sleep, grocery shopping to stock up on my organic food supply, and family/friend time. I got my fill of Thai food, Cajun food, and sushi. Speaking of sushi...
I completed Task #49: Eat a piece of sushi previously thought of as revolting with the help of my friend Kat. I ordered the caterpillar roll, which is basically eel and avocado and ate a piece of Kat's Raindbow Roll, which is the California Roll covered in various pieces of raw fish. I had raw salmon. I'm still shocked, but I a) did not throw up and b) kind of liked the taste. However, the texture was a little gross. As for the Caterpillar Roll, that was the cutest meal I've ever eaten in my life! And it didn't taste too bad either. Eel is a lot chewier than I expected.


Also, there was some debate about whether I should can my spontaneous purchase of a fangirl shirt for my favorite musician fulfilled Task 19 (I keep getting emails that my shirt is on back order. I've heard, "We will ship it to you in no more than 30 days" twice over the past 60 days.) Anyway, I officially fulfilled Task 19 last week. That's all I'm sayin'.

Aaaaaaannnndddd... Last night I ventured out into the local theater and therefore can mark Task 11 off my list. I auditioned for a show called "The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940." Actually, I'm still in the auditioning process. I'm going back tonight. I'll let you know how things pan out.


I have officially completed 10 tasks: 9, 10, 11, 14, 17, 19, 22, 24, 39, 49.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for task completion!!

    Side note: I don't think I've eaten Thai food since we went at Christmas. There is something wrong here!

    ReplyDelete