Monday, February 22, 2010

Maybe Mordor is Really in Georgia

On my way to work today, I saw a hobbit. I almost crashed into the car in front of me. There he was in full hobbit regalia, complete with a walking stick (or was it an umbrella?). It definitely provided a boost to my rather blah kind of Monday, that's for sure. I just wish I had a camera and the ability to drive and take pictures at the same time.

I also was screeched at by a squirrel. Mondays are weird.

Ok, kiddies, I am now in possession of a rutabaga (Task #2) . It looks nothing like the beautiful picture they show on Google images. Shall we do a little compare and contrast?
>
Publix had the blandest rutabagas on the planet, I do believe. But a rutabaga's a rutabaga.
Plans to cook this thing are underway. Wednesday or Friday are the biggest possibilities as of right now. Any recipe ideas?

In Olympic news: Ice dance free skate is on right now. The Canadians, Virtue and Moyer, just skated and I almost cried it was so beautiful. What was your favorite performance over the three ice dancing nights? Mine is the Canadians in the white costumes and the Americans who danced to a Phantom of the Opera medley (Can't get enough Andrew Lloyd Webber).
Also, I've been cyber-stalking my long-time Olympian crush Shaun White a bit, and I came across this pretty stinkin' funny video that is part of his campaign back in the day for HP.

2 comments:

  1. Phantom skating? Link me please if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - Virtue and Moir were gorgeous. My personal favourite pair is Charlie White and Meryl Davis (the Phantom of the Opera ones)... they're fun to watch! Plus they're from like 40 minutes away from where I live at home :D

    Good luck with the rutabega! I don't know of any recipes but if I come across one I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete